The one thing you guys don't want to read xD
I'll make this short, sweet and simple. I do have non-required rules but those will come later.
On to the boringness that is rules and regulations:
- This is the easiest rule to follow, Credit where Credit is due. I'm only asking for my name to be found somewhere in a little mention bubble stating that I made something
- Link me to what you make
No, seriously, I have zero issues with this, Edit all you want as long as you don't like recolor and call it a day. (parts can be recolored as long as they are being recolored for a useful reason of some kind) My only requirement is if you do edit my stuff...
Pretty pretty pretty PLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Link me to what you make with it or credit me with
so that I can see what you do!
(I'm totally taking this seriously, you think writing rules is just as boring if not even more so than reading them, pffff)
- The only thing I'm going to be picky on this with is my P2U items. If they are part of a model or edited into something else (I.E. Miku Hatsune [Not an actual P2U model] into a decent Zatsune or Neru) I don't have any issues with this. If someone wants a P2U item that I have I'd honestly rather you simply link them to the download links I already have you know, set up, one click away from them having it.
- For non-P2U items I'm fine with this as long as rule #1 is followed.
- Saying I already stated that editing is OK as long as you follow the whole "give me credit for you work" thing, I have to admit this isn't really a rule
More like a pet peeve than anything else. I was a beginning editor once too, I know coloring a model in among the first 3 things you learn how to do. (Recoloring, resizing a layer and splitting a layer to delete parts of it) That said, all I'm asking is that you change any one thing BESIDES just the color of my mesh and call it a day. If you need to learn a 2nd or 3rd skill within the editing programs to avoid breaking this rule let me know, I can easily find you a link to how to do basically anything else.
5. Commercial Use:
- Nope, not ok, end of story. My models, my rules, my right to make money off my time, my effort and my work.
6. 18+ :
- I'm torn on if I should just shove this one down your throat or want for you to break it so that I can report you on behalf of oh I don't know... I SAID NO!!!! That and my model, my rules. 18+ is N-O-T ok.
7. Genderbends and Fan Characters:
- This one isn't as much of a rule as it is a request. This applies to characters such as Mikuo, Zatsune, Defoko, Momo, Haku, Teto, Keko, Neru, Rinto, Lenka, etc. The only reason that this is even on this list is because I realize how easy those edits would be. All I need to do is give you the link to Miku Hatsune and you can make most of that list very easily. The reason I request for you not to make these characters is because not only do I plan on making every character I just named at some point. It is also a fact that no matter how many times you edit my bases, you will never know them as well as I do.
- Just no, I know this is a big thing in the Adoptable side of this site but... No.
9. Stealing my pictures:
- Yes, this is a thing, not so much in the MMDC as it is in the art community, but just for those of you who do this kind of thing. This is me formally saying that it is against my wishes and I will report you directly to DA staff if you do so.
10. Don't hate me for having so many rules TT_TT please?
Ok, so rule 10 isn't a real rule.
I can't help it writing these things is SOOOOOOOO dull!!!!
Anyway, time for non-required rules because I can.
1. Link me to the stuff you do with my stuff:
- This is only because I enjoy seeing what you guys/girls do with what I make.
2. Feed me ideas:
- As this list has proven, I get bored super easily. Your ideas often save me from the fate of "4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness."
3. Give me ideas for Tutorials:
- I don't actually know what all the tutorials that people need out there are. These ideas often help me by giving me something I wouldn't have come up with by myself.
4. Give me a new challenge that I've never done before.
- My greatest fear is that eventually I will hit the point at which there is nothing else to learn. I love learning new things as well as I love challenges and they also help me realize that even 5 years after I started modeling because of a stupid idea called duplicating Miku Hatsune because I loved her over all design. I'm no where near done learning everything
and that's it.
See, simple! I tried to make it so that you would actually you know, have to actually try to break my rules to be able to pull it of.
My models are an extension of myself yes. However; at the same time, a true extension of who I am would simply be a base. Ready to be filled with ideas.
When you boil me down to my most finite personality traits: I'm an imperfect human, I have always loved Neverland because I really don't want to ever grow up, I love to learn new things, I love the color Yellow because to me Yellow=Happiness....
And when you get right down to it, I'm no better than any of you. I taught myself a skill, that's all. A skill that you could easily learn to equal or even surpass me in.
Miku Hatsune back in 2008 gave me a dream despite her not being real, MMD manifested a childhood wish that I couldn't have reached in the time I did had it not been around.
That desire to create just, something, ANYTHING! I've been there, I still go there.
I let you guys edit my work and redistribute it because it is my hope that by doing that you realize what I found back in 2008.
That feeling of absolute awe as well as absolute desire to be able to do something that you couldn't before.
In 2008 I remember, it was Kio Miku singing 01 Ballad on Kio Stage that was rendered from Blender but also looked like MMD in a way. (You can easily find it still on Youtube) I had only one wish that day: "I want to do that".
That is what I want to give to you if I am able.
Yeah, I write rules and I set up commissions, but when you get down to it. I'm not doing this for any other true reason than I love to do it.
If you're going to break my rules there's really nothing I can do to change your mind. You're going to do it anyway, that's how all the rule breakers here work. If you're doing it to get under my skin however; and you think that it will
1. change who I am
2. change my view on this community
3. make me quit modeling / leave the MMDC
Then you clearly don't know what all has happened here between 2008 and now, as well as you clearly don't know me very well.